On Friday and Saturday, we continued relaxed cruising in southeastern Norway. Timo is flying back to Finland on Sunday, so our schedule was to be in Kristiansand on Saturday evening at the latest. On Friday, we sailed and motored a short leg from Grimstad to Lillesand. Wind was pretty strong and gusting about 15 m/s (stiv kuling in Norwegian). However the skaergård and land gives protection from westerly winds in this part of Norway.
On Saturday, we motored in light winds to Kristiansand, and that was the final leg for Timo. From here on, I will continue sailing together with my father towards Stavanger. On Tuesday evening, Minna is arriving in Stavanger and on Wednesday my father will travel home. We will see how far we can sail by Tuesday, but we will try to make it to Stavanger to make travelling easier. If it is not possible, then Egersund has to be far enough and trains can be used. Fairly light winds, compared to last two weeks, are forecasted for the next couple of days, which is good since the area around Lindesnes and Lista capes can be dangerous on strong SW-W winds. Namely, there are many "coastal danger areas" near Lindeness and Lista marked in the sea chart. Dangerous waves can be built up in the area, when strong SW-W-winds blow against SW-going current and depth suddenly shoals from 400 meters to just about 10-30 meters. Passing the Lindesnes and Lista during nightime or early in the morning can be a great idea, since the sea breeze regularly reaches 10-12 m/s in the afternoon in Norway.
Unfortunately, there are no pictures in this blog post because the internet connection here in Kristiansand sucks even though it is quite expensive. I will add pictures later, at least from Lillesand, because it was a pretty idyllic and beautiful place.